Business buyers and sellers have something to be excited about.
According to BizBuySell, business sales transactions have seen a steady increase in the first quarter of 2022, rising 24% over the previous year and just 3.7% shy of Q1 2019, long before the pandemic arrived and sales after dropping 39% in 2020. In addition, median sale prices continue to sit at record levels, up 6% over the previous year to $345,000.
Here are some important factors why:
- More Business Owners Deciding to Sell, Majority Retiring
- Inflation and Supply Chain Impact on Small Businesses
- Demand for Profitable Businesses Remains Strong
- Service Sector Businesses are in High Demand
- Restaurants and Retailers Make Strong Gains
Despite the continued supply chain disruptions, business sales are making a comeback. Aging owners look as if they will continue to adjust their retirement timelines.
Contact NJ Broker’s Plus to see how we can help you with the sale or purchase of a business.